Search This Blog

Thursday 20 January 2011

Interview with "The Polish Hammer" Pingus

Hi, i am planning to make an interview with everyone of my members so you can get to know them a bit better, Pingus "The Polish Hammer" Zalewski was my first victim. Have fun reading !

Hi, maybe start with introducing yourself and tell us a bit more about who you are?

 Hello i'm pingus. I'm from Poland. I'm 20 years old and I study computer science at Warsaw University of Technology. I started playing league of legends about a year ago. 

 How are things going for you with the team what do you like/dislike ?

 I like the direction we are going, I like the fact that we are constantly improving. Sometimes when I recall how we played a 1-2 months ago and how we are playing now, I'm really happy with the directions things are heading. I'm glad that we finally started winning and stopped being "always 2nd". I thing that we are the team that uses the coolest setups (trying trilane, shushei crazy heroes ) and are most innovative. The only thing i dislike is that we often loose not because our opponents played well, but because of some small mistakes that shouldn't occur. 

 How and why did you start with league of legends?

 My mates from the university started playing Heroes of Newerth. I started playing it too, I got really into it, but I was really bad at the start. After some time I was average and then i found an info about league of legends, I liked it much more than HoN and sticked with it, althought my mates were not playing, so I had to play solo q most of the time.

 What is your opinion on how to be succesfull in this game?

 I think it's different for solo and premades. I'm not really succesful solo player, but I'd say play carries, play your best heroes and don't rage at random people, cause it never helps. In premades the most important thing is patience. I saw a lot of good teams disbanding for no good reason (just lack of patience). Even if you get 5 amazing players they won't immediatly form the best team.
You need time to get along with each other. Know the playstyle, the laning "chemistry", what to expect from your teammates. Then avoiding mistakes and being confident in the game is a very important factor too.
 
 Any tips on how people can find a good team or how to get accepted in good teams?
 
 I think the easiest way is get high in solo q. Try to figure the role that suits you best (tank, support, jungler, ad/ap carry) and stick to it. Get really amazing at it. Also as always be patient and don't be desperate, if you are really good a good team will eventually find you.
 
 What is your favourite hero in this game and why?
 
 I'd say Janna. I really like her design. Great support, skills you can have fun with. 
 
 How do you like playing for oSk and what do you think of the rest of the team?
 
 We are just starting with oSk, can't say much about them for now, but they seem like very nice guys and professional organisation with a lot of good teams. So i'm pretty happy about it. For the team let me least the superlatives: wetdream - propably the best ig leader and most flexible player in EU, shushei - his ability to carry with suprise picks are really amazing, xPeke, Mellisan are just
great, stable AP/AD carries. CyanideFi is the best Cho'Gath I've seen. And Osaft22 is one of the best supports in the world, no doubt.
 
 Do you play any other games then LoL if so wich ones ?
 
 Not really other computer games, mainly HoMM3 when i was young. Oh and also Battle for Wesnoth (really cool, free strategic turn based game), but I used to play a lot of Warhammer Fantasy Battle (we've got pretty big tournament scene in Poland) also a lot of boardgames. 
 
 What are your thoughts on the new hero Renekton?
 
  I think that he has a "window" when he becomes very good. It's midgame around 7-14lvl I'd say. I've seen that people dominate with him around that time, but he fades away late game and is not as good early as some others. But I haven't played him myself so it's just observations.
 
 Any last words?
 
 Shoutout to my team and to Lyryc, Rustoja and Normalny my biggest fans. :-D Also RIOT please nerf the hat.
 
 
 
Thanks for sitting down with me pingus to have this short but interesting interview !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts